A fence – a grill and – a picnic table. This is all many Americans need to celebrate the Fourth of July in the safety and convenience of their own backyard.
The invention of this simple phenomenon has become a one of the most common places for Americans to celebrate on the Fourth of July. All over our nation homeowner owners invest large sums of money into what has become a retreat for recreation, entertainment, dining, and relaxation. What used to be just a simple fence, barbeque grill and patio has turned into a small oasis for many Americans. Here are some interesting facts regarding our country and the Fourth of July weekend.
4th of July Statistics
- Number of hotdogs consumed on July 4th each year – 150 million
- Amount of chicken purchased in the week leading up to July 4th – 700 million pounds
- Amount of red meat / pork purchased in the week leading up to July 4th – 190 million pounds
- Percent of American households with outdoor grills – 87 %
- Number of Americans who will spend the holiday at someone else’s home – 41 million
- Amount of fireworks sold to cities for public celebrations – 25 million pounds
- Dollar amount of American flags imported into the US from China – $5 million
- Number of places in the US with “Independence” in their name – 11